Hampton Convention & Visitor Bureau events, Jan. 19-20
The Hampton Convention and Visitor Bureau announced the following events schedule for Saturday, Jan. 19 and Sunday, Jan. 20:
• On Saturday, Jan. 19 at 11 a.m. there will be a Turtle Painting event. According to a release, "come and learn about our native turtles, and afterwards we can help the turtles finger paint, each person will receive a picture painted by the turtles."
• On Saturday, Jan. 19 at 9 a.m. there will be a Southeastern Guns and Knives Show. According to a release, "founded in 1982 by "Doc" Mendelson, SGK Gun Shows carries on the uniquely American tradition of Gun Shows. Catering to dealers and public alike, SGK currently produces gun shows on the East Coast."
• On Saturday, Jan. 19 at 7:30 p.m. there will be a World Championship Ice Racing event. According to a release, "the world's top professional ice racers will travel to Hampton Coliseum to do battle in the Hampton round of the 37th annual World Championship Ice Racing series. Participants will battle it out on the treacherous solid ice oval track specially prepared inside the Coliseum."
• On Saturday, Jan. 19 at 7 p.m. the Aquila Theatre Company will perform William Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew." According to a release, "set in the idyllic town of Padua, The Taming of the Shrew tells the story of the timeless battle between the sexes. Bianca Minola is eligible for marriage but cannot be courted until her elder sister, Katherina finds a husband."
• On Sunday, Jan. 20 at noon there will be a Spiders for Kids event. According to a release, "you can learn many interesting facts about spiders and why they are to be welcomed, not feared. Learn about their eating habits, as well as their nesting habits, which will include a game to better understand how they operate."
The Hampton Convention and Visitor Bureau is responsible for promoting tourism to Hampton and marketing and sales for the Hampton Roads Convention Center. Its staff consists of a sales team and media team. The executive director is Sallie Grant-DiVenuti.
Hampton Convention and Visitor Bureau is at 120 Old Hampton Lane, Hampton.
For more information, call 800-800-2202 or visit www.visithampton.com/index.php.
1508 Garrow Circle
504 Carters Grove Court
Elizabeth Lake Estates, Hampton
345 Fox Hill Road
220 Washington Street
Pasture Point, Hampton
212 Hall Road
1840 Andrews Boulevard
1306 Woodcrest Drive
Garden Village, Hampton
2 Glascow Way
Scotland Square, Hampton
16 Osprey Avenue
3321 Candlewood Drive
Bethel Park, Hampton